Earning extra cash does not have to be hard. As a matter of fact, it can be fun sometimes! In addition, having another income will help you create a peace of mind.
For me, having an extra income means that I can create another way to make my money work for me. Not to mention, you can even start earning more money in the next hour or week!
Having money stashed away for an emergency has saved us many times when unexpected bills or expenses have popped up. For instance, Andrew’s car desperately needed a timing belt earlier this year, then shortly after a tire blew while he was driving! Luckily, we had an emergency cushion that covered these sudden expenses.
Earning another income means that I can do any of the following:
- Pay off any debts that I have collected
- Stop living the crushing cycle of paycheck to paycheck
- Prepare for an emergency
- Save for big purchases coming up, such as vacations, appliances, home upgrades, and car repairs
- Create more passive income to fund saving and investment accounts
Here are the 15 ways you can start earning money now
1. Shop through Ebates
Ebates is a great way to make easy cash while you shop online. In particular, the cash back can range from 1% all the way up to 25%! The reason I love Ebates is that it truly is the simplest way to earn extra cash with zero effort after I sign up!
How does Ebates work?
- It’s free! Sign up for Ebates
- Search for your favorite stores and check out which stores may be offering double cash back for a limited time
- Ensure you are shopping on the website by going through Ebates first and then onto the store’s website
- Add the items you want to purchase to your shopping cart and Ebates will do the rest by sending you a check in the mail every quarter!
- One of the coolest features that Ebates offers is by having an Ebates icon on your toolbar. For example, by having Ebates on your toolbar everytime that you surf on a store that is eligible it will let you know so you can save money! Furthermore, I love that feature because I don’t always have to go to the EBates website and search every store to see if it is eligible or not.
A few of my favorite stores on Ebates:
2. Sell products on Amazon
How do you sell products on Amazon?
Selling your own products on Amazon is super easy and a great way to get your feet wet with your small business.
- Become a registered seller on Amazon by registering here
- Compile a list of the products you want to sell on Amazon in the marketplace. Make sure to be very descriptive in your product descriptions and take quality pictures of your products with multiple angles.
- The customer falls in love with your product and purchases from your store
- Uniquely, you will receive a notification to ship the product to your customer. Remember to keep up with your notifications and be punctual.
- You will then deliver the product to the customer and confirm the shipment details or simply let Amazon fulfill the order for you through FBA or Easy ship. All things considered, I love that Amazon gives you options that best suit your own business needs.
- Amazon will then deposit the funds that you made from the shipments into your bank account after deducting their own fees for listing products on their website.
Note: If you need more information on how to make your small business a reality on Amazon, check out Amazon’s resources here.
Earn money from your cellphone by playing games and trying out different apps! Super simple and I love trying out new things.
For IOS users, you will not be able to find AppKarma in the iTunes store. No worries just go to appkarma.io on your iPhone’s Safari browser. Simply, install a companion app (Word Karma). After the installation, go to Word Karma on your iPhone to access Appkarma. To use AppKarma, access your Word Karma app and have fun earning points for rewards.
How to earn money with AppKarma.
Install the app and redeem points by completing different offers within the app. Yes, it is really that easy.
4. Become an Uber driver
Want to make some serious cash quickly? Sign up to drive for Uber. Moreover, you can make your own schedule so taking on this type of side job is extremely flexible. Now, let’s look at what it takes to get you behind the wheel with Uber!
The Minimum requirements to drive with Uber
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Have one year of licensed driving experience in the U.S. (3 years if you are under 23 years old)
- A valid U.S. driver’s license
- You must be able to provide your own 4-door vehicle
The Required documents for Uber
- Vehicle registration
- Vehicle insurance
- Provide proof of insurance
After signing up online for an account, you will be instructed to do a screening online. It’ll review your driving record and criminal history. If you pass all of the above you will be well on your way to taking your first client to their destination.
Get the Uber App
Once you’re logged into in the app, you are ready to start earning!
5. Save on Groceries with Ibotta
First things first, I must say how awesome this app is. Not only does it get me in the mood to try new things but it also provides me cashback on the products I buy every trip! Earn some extra cash by using our referral code: bdrtorb to sign up!
The products that earn cash back change every so often so be sure to check out the sales and keep the coupon expiration date in mind so you don’t miss out on a good deal! I have missed some deals before by not paying attention to the date at the bottom of the coupon. With that being said, don’t make the same mistake as I have!
Ready to save on groceries? Sign up here now!
6. Take Surveys from the Comfort of your Home
One of my favorite ways to make some easy extra cash is by answering surveys I receive, through email, by signing up for various survey companies. Getting paid to share my own opinion is pretty awesome. You can even make up to $15 per survey just by answering a few questions!
If you can spare a couple hours here and there, you can easily earn a few hundred a month. I love this way of making cash because I can do it on my own clock and get an awesome check in the mail all while watching tv at home or anywhere really!
If this sparks your interest, I suggest signing up for each one of the websites below because some of the sites only send out a few surveys a month while others may send out several.
My top survey websites for getting quick cash:
7. Pet Sit
One of the funniest ways to earn a little extra is by pet sitting! Do you have any friends or family members that are wishing they could take a vacation but are afraid to leave their pets in a kennel or with a stranger? In addition, some people may not be able to afford the high prices that come along with boarding a pet.
Furthermore, many pet owners want their pet to have some fun while they are away!
How to market yourself as a pet sitter:
- Advertise on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
- Include photos of you having fun with pets on your advertisements
- Provide your clients with a list of duties and activities you will be doing with their pets
Bonus tip: create different packages to offer clients, with some offering more activities!
8. Become a Tutor
Do you have a knack for a certain skill or educational subject? Teach people what you know by guiding them throwing different areas that they may be struggling with.
The awesome thing about tutoring is that it makes your soul feel good by helping people overcome challenges. Teaching other people have also been known to help you sharpen your skills in the subject as well!
What Tutor Company to Sign-up with?
Wyzant is one of the top leaders in online tutoring suitable for all ages.
- Create a free profile on Wyzant
- It’s free to start finding a client to tutor
- Set your rates so your clients know what you charge
- List your qualifications and experience so clients trust your ability
Check out Wyzant for more information on how to succeed with this side hustle!
9. Find a Part-time Job
Consider working as a waiter/waitress or a seasonal employee for a retailer. Many companies will hire seasonal part-time workers to work during the holiday seasons.
Find a local business that is hiring for the next month or two and create a lasting impression on the manager. Make an offer that the hiring manager cannot refuse! You might even find that working somewhere new for a couple of months is a refreshing change of pace.
Working for tips is another great way to connect with new people and also make a normal visit into a memory.
10. Become a Virtual Assistant
Do you have a knack for being a computer guru? Love to create social media posts that connect with people?
A cool way to make an extra few bucks is by becoming someone’s virtual assistant. For one thing, this type of position will look different for each virtual assistant. Some may create content for social media outreach for a company and some may only answer emails for the company they are working for.
Common tasks for a Virtual Assistant:
- Help with editing and posting blog content
- Assist with website design and graphics
- Optimize current content by fixing broken links, adding affiliate links, polishing old content.
- Schedule social media and travel plans
- Respond to reader emails with helpful information
- Find facts and figures on various subjects
There are many companies searching for Virtual Assistants. Check out our list below for some of the top companies!
11. Sell Items on Craigslist
How much clutter do you have around the house? One of the coolest ways to downsize is by making a few bucks on the items I want to go. Yes, you can have a yard sale but they do require a time commitment to price every item, organize it, set it up, wait for customers to stop by, and to also put up anything that did not sell.
I prefer to sell on craigslist because I can list the item, a description, pictures, and it can also be viewed by many different people. There is very little effort that goes into creating posts. Given these points, this is the best hassle free option for selling items I no longer want or need.
12. Rent out your House for Vacationers
Now this option will have you a little more involved. To begin with, you will need to decide if you want to rent out your entire house or just a room in the house.
Prep your House or Room for Renting!
- Paint the house and prep the floors
- Ensure the outside of the property is kept clean and groomed
- Provide your clients with a place to park (provide this for free to be a standout property!)
- Make any major repairs before listing
- Get a home warranty
- Spray the property for pests
Tips on Renting out your Property:
- Become a rememberable host by providing refreshments in the room like soda, bottled water, teas, coffee, and light snacks.
- Offer your gusts suggests for hidden gems to visit in the local area.
- Be friendly, but not overbearing
- Provide fresh linens each day
One of my favorite companies to rent from is Airbnb. If you are looking for a website to list your place, I would suggest checking out this company! They are great to work with and are customer focused.
No, this list is not the only ways for you to make some extra cash, but it should get you started on trying something new!
What jobs have you done or are doing to make an extra income?